ALOO SAMOSA RECIPE
"Jab Tak rahega samose mein aloo.. teri rahunga oh meri shalu".. Keep Humming & enjoy this hot, crispy, spicy, tasty Samosas.
Ingredients for dough
1. Flour 2 cups
2. Ghee 2 Tbsp
3. Water as required
Ingredients for Filling Aloo Samosa
2. Sliced onion 1
3. Sliced green chillies 2
4. Salt to taste
5. Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp or more as per your taste
6. Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
7. Cumin seeds 1/2tsp
8. Coriander seeds 1/2 tsp
9. Pomegranate powder (Anardaana powder) 1tsp
11 Fresh chopped green coriander 3 Tbsp
12.Fresh mint leaves chopped 1Tbsp
Method of Making Samosa Pattice:
- Sieve flour & Add Ghee to the flour & mix well.
- Now add water to it & Knead well such that the dough is neither hard nor too soft, just the right constancy.
- Take a bowl grease it will oil & put the knelled dough inside & grease the top surface of the dough with a tea spoon of ghee or oil & cover with a damp tea towel or muslin cloth. Refrigerate the bowl for about 2 hours or so.
- While the dough is in refrigerator let’s take a tava (Flat pan) & dry roast coriander & cumin seeds on one side of the stove & on the other side boil potatoes in a pressure cooker.
- Take the roasted cumin & coriander seeds in a plate & keep aside. Now remove the potatoes from the pressure cooker, peel its skin & let it cool.
- Mash the boiled potatoes & make sure that you don’t end up making it a smooth paste. Try and keep a few pieces. To the mashed potatoes add the roasted cumin & coriander seeds.
- To the potatoes add the rest of the spices like Sliced green chillies, Salt, Red chilli powder & Turmeric. Mix Well.
- Add the freshly chopped green coriander & mint leaves.And our aloo filling is reday for the Samosa....
- Remove dough from refrigerator & divide it into small portions/ small balls.
- Roll the small bolls of dough & make small flat rotis. Cut these rotis into half.
- Take the half roti & make a cone out of it.
- Press the edges of the cone with water, keeping the mouth of the cone open
- Add the filling of potatoes into the cone & close it.
- Tightly press all the edges.